Avionics Design Engineer
17 May 2013
Zenon Aviation is delighted to assist one of the UK’s largest helicopter operators in sourcing an Avionics Design Project Engineer for a permanent position located in the South of England.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Licensed B2 Design Project / Compliance Verification Engineer to design all avionic modifications and repairs required by our client and its third party contracts within the UK and abroad.
This position is offering a competitive salary.
For this position candidates will require the following:
• Ability to hold EASA Part 21J and Part 21G position;
• Batchelor’s Degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering;
• EASA Compliance Verification Engineer (Avionics)
• EASA Part 66 B2 Aircraft Maintenance Licence;
• Safety Assessment of Aircraft Systems course;
• Human Factors training, Dangerous Goods Awareness and Wire Installations and Inspection courses;
• EASA CVE (Avionics)
Responsible to the Head of Design, your duties will include but not limited to:
• Ensuring compliance with the relevant approvals and airworthiness requirements;
• Ensure that compliance with the requirements (Certification Specifications) has been demonstrated;
• Make sure design, manufacture and testing is carried out to the required standard within the appropriate approvals;
• Certify the Quality and Safety targets and objectives in respect of design, manufacture and testing are achieved;
• Ensure the requirements of Part 21 and other applicable regulations are complied with;
• Liaise with the Mechanical Design Engineer in respect of the mechanical aspects of avionic modifications;
• Negotiating directly with third party contracts when obtaining classification of modifications and also conformance with the requirements.
• Negotiate as necessary with third party contracts and/or overseas regulatory authorities to obtain approval for Major Modifications;
• Ensuring that there is conformance with test procedures, which may be required.
• Check and approve all avionic drawings produced by the Drawing Office;
• Liaise directly with Manufacturers or Supply Chain Department for initial selection and purchase of suitable components (subject to capital expenditure approval);
• Draft Flight Manual Supplements for modifications to avionic / electrical equipment;
• Complete Electrical Load Analysis, where necessary;
• Hold Design reviews as specified by project requirements;
• Maintain practices which are defined in the Design Handbook.
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.