Flight Operations Manager
17 May 2013
An established operator based in The Midlands require a Flight Operations Manager.
You will be supporting the GMFO in providing operations data, flight planning system, aircraft performance in support of flight operations and flight crew.
• Day to day management of operations functions to ensure operational efficiency and flexibility
• Budget responsibility
• Oversight, development and execution of contingency plans
• Evaluate change to aviation planning
• Ensure best practice standards are adopted and all regulatory requirements met
• Manage and review flight schedules and aircraft ready states and co-ordinate all traffic movements
• Provide supervision, training and development to Operations Staff
• Provide flight planning support to all flight crews
• Systems control and development
• Data capture, process and control to support systems and aircraft requirements
• Airspace Management and evaluation
You are required to have experience in long haul planning and charter process management, as well as proven Airline management, ideally within Flight Operations. The successful candidate will have in depth knowledge of regulatory practice relating to operating aircraft, and global flight planning on medium and heavy aircraft. They will also have the following attributes:
• Strong decision maker
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Proven supervisory/people management experience
• Highly developed planning and analytical skills
• Strategic thinker with excellent problem solving skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritise the continually changing deadlines and tasks
• Flexible and confident with a positive approach to change and innovation
• Capable of working 7 days a week unsupervised, but will require access to consult the GMFO on any matters outside the routine or requiring a change in policy
• Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
To apply for this permanent position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be dealt with in confidence.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.